Sunday, 23 December 2012

Merry Christmas

I couldn't go without writing a Christmas post so here it is.

We are spending Christmas with family which, other than the fantastical weather, is really lovely. 

Chez Hedge are having a homemade feel to Christmas this year. We're very busy so I had to be very organised and prepare in advance. I have been inspired by Kirstie's Homemade Christmas and will say in a quiet voice so that the recipients can't hear (shhh!): vintage teacup candle. Do take a look for inspired and inexpensive gift ideas -- nowadays it's all about spending time rather than money. I have accompanied these with cupcake bath bombs for absolute indulgance. However, no photos as I don't want to give too much away!

I will however post a photo of the stocking I have made. I didn't want to give away LO's First Christmas babygro from last year (ooo, all sentimental now), nor did I want to leave it in a box somewhere to gather dust, or take up essential space. So, I downloaded a stocking outline from Google Images which I used as a template for the shape, then found some left-over gingham and wadding from a previous project, a friend's old top, a bit of ribbon, used the babygro to make a toe and cuff, and here is the result.

I'm quite pleased for a first attempt at making something without a pattern. And for free!

So, tip of this week is to re-use and up-cycle old baby items to make something useful to keep.

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and, to pinch a phrase from Vivien of Holloway who sell beautiful vintage inspired clothing: "that your stockings be full and your puddings fruity!"

1 comment:

  1. oh Karen this is wonderful and I think your idea to upcycle that special wee babygro very special! well done and wishing you and yours a very special holiday x x

    ReplyDelete